Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2005 r6 engine ticking noise

Options
  • 04-10-2023 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi guys,i have a 2005 yamaha r6,with 23,000 miles on it,When i start it and even when riding it there is a ticking noise coming from it,Would anyone know would this be the cam chain of the do i need to do a valve adjustment,Any info would be great,Thank you guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imdq2Zf4awo&ab_channel=Shea300zxTT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

I would check the valve clearance first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭ozmo

Sorry if too obvious an observation, but just an idea - but a low level of oil causes ticking, could check that - and looks like ice there - could it be too tick an oil you are using for your cold weather?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Cam chain tensioner is probably out. Stick a screwdriver on it a listen with your ear on the handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

If the valve clearance was bad the engine would be more silent, they are supposed to tick when they have correct valve clearance

Advertisement