Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lens question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Kurooi

Okay so first of all you need to be mindful Canon M200 is an ASP-C so that multiplies the focal length by 1.6x

For landscape you'd like to have something more wide angle, what you got there can be used for landscape shots , for example you might use a 50mm to capture architecture, or an 90mm to capture a particular detailed shot of a part of a landscape, but most of what you see as 'landscape' are done at 20-35mm effective focal length, so you will want something wider still. I'd be looking at some of these:

I would recommend watching a video like this one to get a sense of the use case for each:

I'm not in Canon environment but this one I'd check youtube reviews for :

Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 for Canon

that's wide enough to get some good landscape shots, and the narrow end will let you take nice food shots, or portraits. A zoom lens is more forgiving for a novice photographer. and f/2.8 will work well in low light and let you also take some blurred backgrounds. If you're only picking up one lens

My main tips:

-Always watch youtube reviews for lens you are picking

-You should first check ASPC lens if you have an ASPC camera - they are generally cheaper

-Consider Manual vs Autofocus, you might be fine with manual focus for the uses you described.

-Always double and triple check what you're shopping is the correct mount type compatible with your camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ImAHappyCamper

Thanks very much Kurooi

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Not an expert here by any means but when I bought I went with the f/1.4 version of the lens rather than the f/2.8

Cost me more but I have never regretted it

Good luck

ps

always found this website good on the detail

Am sure there are others

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭jbv

The lenses mentioned needs an EF-M to EF adapter.

A great native lens for the M series, it's the Sigma Contemporary 16mm f1.4

Advertisement