Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering Emigration. Advice Wanted

Options
  • 03-10-2023 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Life in Dublin is simply not getting any better,

Im 30, I earn a mid range salary from 2 jobs (circa 3200 per month after tax). I rent a small studio that costs with bills over half my take home pay. I have no hope of buying a home. Im single and despite paying for unlimited likes on apps I get zero matches or ghosted from the ones I get. I don't have any friends and when I go out to bars etc no one speaks outside their groups so I sit alone at the bar with a book generally. My family don't spend time with me or call me as they all have kids and I don't factor in, and when they have spoken to me they say about how its dead money for me to be renting. I genuinely feel like I dont have a single person on this earth that cares about me or wants to spend time with me, I blame my ugly looks and my lack of success (my low wage and no property) for that.

I did have friends at one time, then over covid they cut me off over my depression and because I took anti lockdown views (I had lost my job due to lockdown). The people I work with don't like me (I put this down largely to how I look, ugly people tend to be prejudged as being strange).

I don't see any hope in this country, does anyone know a country I could move to in which I could have a normal life of friends, a relationship and a home? I have been thinking UK but I know from travelling over there I dont get likes etc on apps either so I think I would have the same issues of being too ugly for love there as well.

Any advice welcome, a sense of hope is what I need that I am not beneath a normal socially acceptable life

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,770 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This is Current Affairs, not a forum to seek personal advice like this

You have started 2 other threads on this topic. Please note that spamming threads like this will usually result in a siteban. Pick the most relevant forum for your thread(s) and stick to it

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement