Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone charged me 40 euro for less than 100MB even having over 10GB data allowance, PAYG customer

Options
  • 03-10-2023 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just want to warn you what you can get from them.

On Sunday 01OCT2023 I swapped the vodafone sim card to the brand new phone V20Pro with CE cert.

On Monday, I get rid of my balance completely (40E), Trying to chat with robot was not successful - only pre-defined topics are processed well by robot, finally today , on Tuesday I contacted live agent. He checked my account and said that it is correct because I was using Hotspot. I insited I did not at all in last couple of days, but he said that what he sees. After become pissed off more and more they agree to return me 30Euro, that fine, however it did not solve my problem. After flooding him with the messages that:

I do not use hotspot, and even in the past when I was using it - it was on my data allowance ,

I do not see in the Price list for PAYG customer any charges related to Hotspot ,

he finally said - that I am using wrong APN, they call it hotspot, hs.vodafone.ie, instead of the correct one : live.vodafone.net.

So I could not delete it , but I could add another one (APN) and switch to it. This pricey APN still there (grey -out) but cannot be removed. I saw similar issue other users had in the past with One+ phones on their forum. Just wondering why vodafone set wrong APN on my phone and the reuested I pay forune per MB of data.

Comments

Advertisement