Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I dumb? Code not working.

Options
  • 02-10-2023 3:46pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bought 50 euro PSN credit last night from a petrol station on way home. Doesn't work even though it says its for 50 euro credit. Now it says I've tried too many times.

Bought another code today, this time from Smyths. That's not working either.

Tried on console, website and mobile

PSN support literally non-existent.

Can anyone tell me how I proceed?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

THe cards have to be activated by the retailer from what I remember so maybe they werent?

Also try the usual, swap the letter O for the number 0 etc and see if it helps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yeah I had a suspicion that the garage one might now have been activated but both (including a Smyths) is very odd. No "o/0" in either

• I'm sorry, it seems we're experiencing high wait times for our Support Agents at this time; in order to more effectively assist you please try again later.

• Below are our standard operating hours in the following time zone:
    • (GMT+00:00) Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

• Monday: 10:00 AM ~ 6:30 PM
    • Tuesday: 10:00 AM ~ 6:30 PM
    • Wednesday: 10:00 AM ~ 6:30 PM
    • Thursday: 10:00 AM ~ 6:30 PM
    • Friday: 10:00 AM ~ 6:30 PM
    • Saturday: Closed
    • Sunday: Closed

• Do note, our hours might change during Holidays. The next time we should be available will be
    • Monday: 10:00 AM ~ 6:30 PM

• P
    • Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Meanwhile, PS Support...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well I know you say no o/0 but how about i/L etc? Its very unusual with both to be done like that but I would 100% be heading back to the retailer on this first and see what they say about it.

Yeah I'm 40 miles from the first retailer which is a balls. Will check Smyths.

• Advertisement

So it seems to be an issue on Playstations end. Smyths gave a new code and that's not working too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,813 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You hardly have a UK playstation account or some other region?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pixel Junky

Wait did you remove the dashes - you put the whole code in together as capitals.

Advertisement