Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who owns under railway arches?

Options
  • 02-10-2023 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭

I was getting some welding done last week at a garage located under a rail bridge. I watch a lot of UK car shows and in them every second garage seems to be similarly located.

I've often wondered who owns this space? I would have assumed Irish/British Rail? Given that it's part of their infrastructure, I'm surprised they let anyone use the space.

Any insights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

My dad used to work for Irish rail, and he told me that the arch space under Connolly station i rented out by Irish Rail to whomever wants the space. I'm sure that there are all sorts of clauses to allow for maintenance of the brick-work, but I don't think that there would be any issues with using the space. Those old arches were very well constructed.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭KLF

Yeah, Irish Rail. As part of the Connolly / Dart+ upgrades some of the arches next to Amiens street will be opened back up and made into usable spaces like you see in London and other cities in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Thanks for that. Searching from the above info I found this:

https://ww1.daft.ie/dublin/estate-agents/dublin-1/cieproperty/?d_rd=1&d_rd=1?d_rd=1&t_rd=1

Advertisement