Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criminal culture and social media?

Options
  • 02-10-2023 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

It seems there's this emergent phenomenon of the criminal classes perpetrating crimes, then posting about it on social media.

Mostly it's riding motocross bikes through housing estates, destruction of property, theft, joyriding, drug sale and use etc.

But when it comes to actual violent crime, that's the one that real elicits that feeling of nausea.

In addition, the video was posted from the point of view of slandering foreign nationals, when it's clear the actual intention was to glamorize the violence being committed.

As you know (or maybe you don't know), deaths by way of such attacks are not even remotely uncommon, attributable to head trauma when an unconscious individuals lands on hard ground....... as happened here.

So, a punch from a blind angle rendering the target unconscious, then landing on a marble floor;

I would actually be surprised if some kind of brain injury wasn't sustained here.

But the sickening part is, posting about it on social media, as if to gloat?

And of course, almost a certainty there was no criminal repercussion.

And we wonder why Irish criminal culture is as prolific as it is?

In physics we trust....... (as insanely difficult to decipher as it may be)

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Allinall

And you just re-posted that video on social media.

You're part of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

We photograph and video our lives in this era of humanity, whether our lives contain crime or nauseating photos of the carvery on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Emerging?

It's been common since camera phones appeared. Bebo and every nascent social media site were rampant with it. From showing the bling and accoutrements of Crime, to video of Limerick feen playing Russian roulette with a semi-automatic handgun🤦(Guess how that ended up), all living long in the digital memory of the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Wow OP, you managed to trick me into looking at an anti-immigrant twitter post while convincing me it was something else entirely.

It went completely over my head.

You're so clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Just average day in the Ilac centre

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,770 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Don't need yet another thread on this sort of stuff

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement