Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera System For Eejit?

Options
  • 02-10-2023 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭

Long story, I'll try to keep it short. My main use for a camera is to take work photos... interiors, building exteriors/shopfronts etc... so having a wide angle is a must. Secondarily, I keep threatening to get creative, document my motorcycle jouneys, do some video stuff... just as a creative outlet.

My first camera was a Pentax Q, awseome little camera, I invested heavily, had a bunch of lenses, but they discontinued the line & I ended up moving Canon EOS M, I have again invested heavily, have wide angle, telephoto, a 22mm prime and also a kit lense as well as spare batteries... But again, they have discontinued the line...

Am I being stupid thinking of moving systems, or should I just stick with what I have? I don't need the best, all singing and dancing DSLR. I kind-of like the idea of some of the Fuji, retro looking cameras... They seem somehow less threatening to do street photography. Whats the quality of their systems & can I expect the lens system to stick around for the long haul. I'm pretty pissed off that companies keep abandoning me just after I spend a small fortune on them. If I stay on the M system, should I pick up the macro lens before they become (more) scarce?

Cost of lenses would be a major consderation.

Advertisement