Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience with Epididymitis

Options
  • 01-10-2023 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

Firstly this is my first post on boards so if this is in the wrong group or needs to be amended please let me know.

I (27M) have been suffering with flare ups of Epididymitis since April of this year. It started with a dose of it in April which resulted in my ending up in A&E thinking it was a torsion and then being discharged with Epididymitis and prescribed anti inflammatories.

After that I ended up with another flare up a month later in the other testicle and I got an ultrasound for this. The urologist identified a varicocele and Epididymal cyst but said overall it's perfectly fine. I had to rest for over a month to get over this and thankfully all went away.

That was 6 months ago. The summer was fine but in the last two weeks it has unfortunately come back. I was prescribed amoxicillin and naproxen and that brought it down a bit but I'm still getting a dull pain on both sides.

Sorry for the above essay - my question is have any of you based in Ireland suffered something similar to this? If so I would really appreciate any guidance or tips you would have on how to get over this. When I have it I can't work out and it has really taken away from my quality of life. I don't know why this has happened to me and there is so little online to help.

Thanks

Post edited by JupiterKid on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Mod:-

Hi there Kenmore1930 and welcome to Boards!

Just to let you know that the best forum for this issue would be The Gentlemen’s Club, where men’s health issues are discussed.

Moving this thread over to that forum now.

JupiterKid

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TedSheeran

That sounds rough.

I had a bit of experience with it, but much milder than yours, so my input may not be much use. For what its worth, i'll share it.

I had the pain, they were worried about torsion and sent me for an ultrasound. That was clear for torsion, and they reckoned it must be epididymitis. But i don't know if that was a proper diagnosis, or just elimination of all of the other major causes. I was doing a bit of running at the time and they recommended wearing a jockstrap for that. I had been wearing compression shorts before that, but did find the jockstrap seemed to give better support.

After a while it went away. Sometimes if i am doing a lot of running, i get it and then i just start with the jockstrap again. Curiously, other times i could be doing plenty of running and it would be fine.

But i have to say that my case was fairly mild. I kind of view it as low-level pain that is sometimes there. It isn't anything serious and can be improved by wearing the jockstrap for running. Not unlike an occasional headache for which i might take a bit of paracetamol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kenmore1930

Thanks for getting back lad, appreciate it. I got prescribed antibiotics but my doctor has me doing a urine test so hopefully that can help identify the problem and if not then check with a urologist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I just take Nurofen when it bothers me. It’s more of a dull ache and annoyance mostly. Once I know it’s nothing serious I’ll put up with it.

Advertisement