Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Registry Boundary line discrepancy wait time

Options
  • 01-10-2023 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

We have gone sale agreed on a house in Dublin 3 months ago. The file plan map from land registry shows the boundary line as incorrect. Basically there is a shared driveway, which we are totally fine with. But the land registry map shows the boundary line along the wall of the house as opposed to the middle of the driveway/lane between the house and neighbours house. The vendor has applied to the land registry to get this rectified but it’s delaying the process. We have signed everything but subject to this being rectified. Anyone know how long this will take land registry to sort out? The vendor has been told they are in a queue but no indication of how long it takes. I’ve been wanting to move jobs and have a 3 month notice period. I don’t know if it’s too risky to hand in my notice. Surely it will all be 100% closed in 3 months time. We’ve signed the official mortgage offer but nothing draws down until the matter is sorted. Any ideas on how long we could be waiting?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

If you dont care about it, then you should go ahead with the purchase, these things can take forever.

I had a similar thing years ago and i eventually pulled out of the sale, i regretted it as the house was otherwise perfect and i would have had all the time in the world to fix that even after i moved in

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Citygirl1

Has the vendor's solicitor put in a request to the Land registry to expedite this issue? A key point. Even at that, the Land Registry are notorious for delays, and seem to have got worse since Covid.

I'd advise holding off on giving any notice in your job, until the sale is over the line.

So long as they're depending on drawing down a mortgage, they would not be able to proceed, even if they wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Master Evo

In theory we don’t mind but the bank put a special condition in our mortgage offer for our solicitor to confirm there are no issues with the shared driveway. I know the vendors solicitor had put in the application to land registry, not necessarily to expedite it as far as I know.

I’ll just have to wait a bit longer. But I’m worried it will take a long time. And we’re told it could take weeks or months and they really don’t know long it’ll take.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

I used to work in the PRA years ago. It was still largely a paper-based affair, and it took a long time for things to get done. I'm sorry to say it, but the best way to get it done as quickly as possible is to find the name of someone who's dealing with it and hound them. More than once, I saw a case expedited just to get a persistent caller off someone's back!

Mind you, it could all be different now that it's digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Master Evo

Thank you, I’ve no problem being that persistent caller. I guess I’ll have to get some reference number from the vendors solicitor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement