Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Money List on RTE

Options
  • 01-10-2023 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Anyone watch this? I liked it. Bit of fun and light and entertaining. Baz sometimes does my head in but he’s a natural for this kind of show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

I didn’t see it but don’t like these types of shows. Kind I’d like tipping the cap to our “betters” who are considerably richer than us when in actual fact half of it is bullshit and smoke and mirrors. Don’t get me wrong, I admire people who go out and take a risk and do well for themselves and make a genuine good living or a bit of a fortune. Many of those who feature in shows like this though don’t fall into that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

You are very right on that....I watched the trailer for this show....and one of the people on it is literally a convicted fraudster...I know the place they stole from

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Mo Ghile Mear

😅 No I’m not a friend. I like quiz shows though and didn’t expect I’d like Baz in it as he can be a bit OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Mo Ghile Mear

😨.

In fairness the people who take part in quiz shows are usually big into them and are regular participants in local pub quizzes. There can be savage rivalry between teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

What a load of rubbish. RTE should just cancel this show now and save the money they are spending on it. Its rubbish. It would be good as a kids show that's about it. Otherwise its rubbish and Baz is a crap presenter.

Also it's too long. 30 mins and it might work but an hour sorry its just too long and dragged out.

Post edited by AMKC on

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

A quick look at his back catalog should tell you all you need to know:

• 50 Ways to Kill Your Mammy
    • That Baz Thing
    • The Fanatics
    • How Low Can You Go?
    • Fáilte Towers
    • Baz's Culture Clash
    • Baz's Extreme Worlds
    • Weekend Breakfast with Baz & Lucy
    • Baz The Lost Muslim
    • Change Your Tune
    • DIY SOS: The Big Build Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Aired on the same channel that brought you

The School Around the corner.

Bosco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

I wonder why they changed the name from the UK version (Who Dares Wins). Everything else was the same, soundtrack, logo, graphics. set

• Registered Users Posts: 10,443 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

That puzzled me too. Nothing original and a dreadful host.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

Oh then scratch my comment from earlier. Didn’t realise this was a game show. I thought it was one of those obnoxious Irelands Rich List sort of shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Herxules

Ireland just can't do anything showbiz. It's too smalltime.

Baz trying to create suspense but falls flat.

Also current champions have now been asked two questions on US states and the guy obviously knows US states like the back of his hand. Current champs are also very smug and unlikeable. Buddy with the horn on him while Patsy only started hugging him when he started winning her money. "I'm playing on" says she as she shouts out the answers despite Buddy saying to say the name before she answers. While during the naming of US coastline states, Buddy asked her if she was happy for each one despite her not having a clue. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 35 rdser

Actually watched some of this last night. It's so bad...it really is.. rte cant do this type of thing..

I changed channel.

Advertisement