Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial insurance & driving in UK after Brexit

Options
  • 30-09-2023 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭

After but of googling cannot find an answer to this so thought I'd try here.

I will be making deliveries in the UK over a three week period in November/December.

Can I use an Irish registered and insured commercial vehicle to fulfil these deliveries? I.e will insurance be valid outside Ireland?

And also can I add a UK driver to my Irish policy for a temporary period? Driver obviously has UK licence and residence.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭hometruths

double post

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You need to check your policy documents to see where your policy is valid. All will have EU/EEA cover, most should have UK cover.

Getting a UK driver added you'd need to call your insurer. It shouldn't be an issue if your policy covers the UK.

Advertisement