Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Season 45

Options
  • 29-09-2023 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭

Episode 1 is out but not sure I really care anymore, its become very forgettable. Boards.ie dying on its arse not really helping either, will anyone else be tuning in? Im at my limit with it now tbh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Barely got through the second episode and I'm out of this season there is no one this season that remotely interests me one way or another that would have me watching their progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I think Im done with it aswell, there is nothing of interest whatsoever here anymore sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah Im out, its just a completely bland experience now, Ill stick with the great moments of all time from the glory days that Youtube is always suggesting for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Happyhouse22

Think 45 might be the best if the new era so far… have gotten rid of lots of the weird twists.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

At the merge already.

Fantastic tribal this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I only started watching survivor about 5 years ago but this latest season is the worst I’ve seen. The cast is too dull. There was 1 really hot chick but she was eliminated in first or 2nd week. The only character in it is the heart surgeon with big goatee.

It's not a patch on the early days. The format has gotten a little bit stale.

Still enjoying this season though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Pretty poor season so far although I think I'll always tune in to this show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Me too. Think I have seen every season so not giving up now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,352 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm really enjoying this season but not sure if my expectations are set a lot lower than others. The fact that its airing in parallel with the dull as ditchwater UK version may be helping too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Yup I started watching from Season 1 episode 2 and I've watched a few of the other countries versions. Picked up a ton of props along the way too lol

The South African one isn't bad. Aus and NZ as well. Watch them all :)

Good finale, I enjoyed it. I was kinda willing Jake to win in the end. He made some emotional monologues (like the fat 15 year old etc.).

He was the underdog for a while, but he made mistakes!

Survivor 46 looks like it'll be the same as Survivor 45, the same as Survivor 44, the same as Survivor 43....

PS I know there is no Amazing Race thread, but what about that Irish episode? The 40 foot... Croke Park... The Gaiety... St. Patrick's Cathedral... They laid on the oirishness a bit thick, but it was a fun episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,352 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I also enjoyed the finale and the season as a whole. It was a pretty strong cast. Happy if it's more of the same next year.

Would have been nice if Jake got one of Dees votes and he had to be the tiebreaker.

Feels like the win all boiled down to blindside headsups. Dee's management of both situations, along with the reveal at final TC, earned her the win.

Do you know what episode of TAR that is? I've stopped watching this season but will go back and check it out that one episode.

@S.M.B. Sure! Episode 11 (the second last one, final 4).

Thought Jake might pull it off but good final in the end.

Advertisement