Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On a panel for a civil service job

Options
  • 28-09-2023 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

I’m currently on a panel for a civil service job, the panel is going a while and I’m currently top of the queue

Im just wondering when the panel is ended will I be notified or if for some reason I was removed from the panel would I be notified?

It would be a hard one to take if the panel ends and I’m next in line for a job, they have a new competition started but I was told my panel has been exstend today, why would they exstend a panel when a new competition has started?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

I was in a CO panel a few years ago. Got to the top of my panel and a week later got a message on public jobs saying the panel was now closed and no further appointments would be made from it. I was gutted. I’d imagine it’d still be the same process and they notify you through the message board.

if publicjobs said it was being extended that’s a good sign. They might not have the new panel up and running yet. Competitions can take a while to form a panel from. Best of luck with it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭morphy87

thanks for your reply, yes they did confirm it was been extended so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭Alkers

Apply for the new competition in any case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭morphy87

New competition is now closed,why In your opinion would the panel be exstended?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭Alkers

No idea but it seems odd that they would form a new panel also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 kenreilly

Nothing since, u get an offer

Advertisement