Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet cable is stuck in my house

Options
  • 28-09-2023 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey everyone,

I've recently signed a new contract with Sky broadband, but when we went to the ethernet duct (the one that leads to the utility room in the house) and tried pulling the cable it appeared to be stuck.

We tried pulling the cable from the inside and from the outside, but it doesn't move. Any advice on how I can unstuck this thing?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

Why are you trying to pull it?

Can it not be used with the new service?

Any pictures or video?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 adonisio

The technician from Sky said he had to pull the cable.

There are two ducts in the house, one that leads to the utility room and one that leads to somewhere in the street. The technician said he needed to bring in a cable from the street and needed to remove that other cable not sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭windowcills

Presume your moving from dsl to fibre

Thats a pity there might be a joint in the cable thats jammed, or pipe might be collapsed,

You will have to drill a hole out of the house near the manhole and then cango a path from the man hole to the drilled hole, cango the side of the house and your path to make a recess deep enough to bury a flexy conduit in and concrete over

If manhole has also the mains electricty dont do any of this, get an expert, or find a different path

Advertisement