Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salamanca Ferry

Options
  • 28-09-2023 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭

I used the new Brittany Ferries ship to Cherbourg last week and was quite impressed. Brand new so in good condition but also very well laid out, spacious and has a friendly and hard working crew. It is an improvement on the ageing Stena Horizon if travelling from Rosslare. (I would seriously consider travelling from Dublin to Rosslare to use it instead of the WB Yeats with Irish Ferries, which I don't like at all.)

A drawback is that BF only sail to Cherbourg on Mondays but if that suits you, its well worth a try.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭GPoint

What was it in WB Yeats that you did not like? Much better than old stena line ships.

Dublin to Rosslare is some extra 3 hours drive and arrival to Cherbourg in the evening.

However this year Brittany ferries is a lot cheaper than Irish ferries.

Advertisement