Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Gaggia Classic over boiling the water

Options
  • 28-09-2023 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

I have a Gaggia Classic, it's about 10 years old. I've had one or two issue with it over the years, but it's mostly fine.

Lately however I noticed it over boiling the water. It started when the I replaced the thermal fuse about a year ago, since then the thermal fuse has blown 3 times. So basically, had itfor 10 years, fuse blows, replace fuse and fuse has blown 3 times since. Water is coming our crazy hot, loads of steam, seems to also build up a lot of pressure inside as sometimes when I take the portafilter out, the pressure explodes the coffee in the filter all over the place.

Other odd thing that's happening, that didn't happen before, is the steamer is running out of steam after about 30 seconds, this is recent.

I've haven’t really changed anything else. Just standard service, gasket replacement etc.

Any thoughts? 

Comments

Advertisement