Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Formentor

Options
  • 28-09-2023 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Looking at one of these, any thoughts, comments or experiences with them, liking the power and the hybrid option.

Currently in a petrol Merc GLA so would be interested to hear ownership experiences.

Post edited by liamog on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭frank730

build quality not near Merc, would you consider a GLC hybrid

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

I picked up a 2021 VZ 245 today. Obviously still in the honeymoon period so my perspective has limited value. I'm also coming from a 2ltr Diesel Leon Estate, so may have a different perception than somebody changing from a Mercedes.

I test drove the 2lt diesel 4x4 and the 1.5 petrol (all automatic), but I just didn't feel enthusiastic about them, primarily because they felt the same as the Leon I was moving from.

The VZ was significantly different, much more powerful, a lot quieter, and just generally more premium and refined. This was probably helped by the full leather interior, electric heated front seats, heated steering wheel, electric boot, 19 inch exclusive alloys etc (somebody spent a lot of money on this new) in addition to the generous standard equipment.

The VZ comes at a massive premium over the 204hp model though (which I didn't test drive), so it probably depends on which model you are looking at.

Very happy so far but really early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Having driven SEATs since 2015 but also having very quickly grown tired (11 months) of my Cupra Born I picked up my new formentor 204 PHEV in July (0% PCP at the time). It's weighed down with extras (leather interior, sunroof and a whole heap more).

Two months in and I'm delighted with it. It drives like a dream and I'm getting around 45km on electric power (with a relatively heavy right foot).

My only quibble is that the software is quite glitchy. They're well known issues and mine is going into the dealer on Monday for a replacement module to enable the sunroof to function correctly (and presumably a few other things) - irritating but for me not a deal breaker.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely I would. A lovely, lovely drive

Post edited by sy_flembeck on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Out of interest, what made you go from a 204hp EV to a 204hp hybrid?

If I didn't go full EV the 204hp eHybrid Leon/Golf would have been my next option.

Advertisement