Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which manufacturer is the least restrictive with ink

Options
  • 27-09-2023 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've had a HP printer for years - everything works fine as long as you pay the ink ransom and don't look at a compatible ink cartridge. Seriosly, I've had everything... ink cartridges "expiring", print head "failure" you name it - the industry is rife with programatic "malfunctions" to get you to buy their genuine ink.

I wish the industry was more straight up - I'd happily pay more for the printer up front to be free of all that b0110cks

So are there any brands which are more "straight up"? Where I am less likely to suffer a programmed-in failure if I change my ink too many times, use a cartridge that's too old or look at my printer in the wrong way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I haven't tried one yet, but the "Tank" printers look interesting in that the ink seems quite reasonable and there's no chips in anything.

Epson have the EcoTank series and HP the SmartTank.

Maybe worth checking out.

Advertisement