Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Collinstown

Options
  • 27-09-2023 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello,

We had a viewing last week in one of the new developments in Collinstown. We are a family with kids in school age. We had a tour around the village and can understand that we will rely heavily on car for day to day activities, ex: grocery shopping, kids sport clubs .. etc

But in terms of community, is it easy to build connections for us and the kids?

In relation to transport to Dublin, I have found the only 2 options are either to go to Mullingar or to go to Delvin by car to get a train or bus from there. Do you understand that correctly?

Also, would be any other home developments, services planned for the area in the near or medium future?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

I live in Mullingar but would look at Collinstown as a lovely village to raise a family. Hurling and pitch and putt are strong in the village and the beautiful Lough Lene is nearby. You are halfway between Castlepollard and Delvin and 20 mins to Mullingar. It has its onw primary school and creches nearby. You could check the Westmeath County Council online planning portal to see if any other developments are planned in the near future. No idea regarding public transport - is there a bus stop in the village ? If so the route number should be attached to the pole. Mullingar is well serviced for buses and trains to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ah625

Thanks a million for the insights!

I like cycling here in Dublin but I noticed that roads around the village are narrow with no space for pedstrains or bikes and with motor speed of 80 km/h. If I say it is not that safe to cycle with the kids from the village to the lake or Castlepollard, would this assumption be correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Depends on age of kids but I guess are any country roads in Ireland safe for kids ?

Advertisement