Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financing a charity album with local musicians

Options
  • 26-09-2023 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I'm in the process of making a charity album with some amateur musicians I play with regularly. The idea is that we have a day out in the studio and get a record of the what we've been playing for the last few years. It can be sold in pubs where we play, so hopefully raise a bit of money for Charity while we're at it.

There's a fair bit of money to be spent before it's ever going to make anything back, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of financing anything like this. One of the pubs has offered to contribute money towards recording and pressing to CD. I'm not sure if they intend to write this off as a charitable donation, as it's obviously not going to an approved body.

Has anyone here tried anything like this before and if so how did you manage the money side of it?

Advertisement