Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voip issues Dellmont services

Options
  • 26-09-2023 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I've used DiscountVoip & FreeVoipDeal, both Dellmont services, to make outgoing calls using our landline number for the caller id.

Recently calls haven't connected so I thought it was a setting issue on the Fritzbox.

I use IrishVoip.com to receive calls & can also make outgoing calls using their sip settings.

Contacted DiscountVoip & it seems its to do with caller id on their services

Here is their response :

"Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately it is getting more difficult to make ‘national’ calls to many countries. That is when you make a call to a certain country while you use a caller ID from the same country.

For example Irish caller ID’s can no longer be used for calls to Ireland. You can still use a valid caller ID from another (EU) country for the calls.

This is something caused by national operators and authorities, we can not influence this.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Customer Service. "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Is it just outgoing landline calls? Does it work with no caller ID? Does it work with a mobile caller ID?

Mobile to mobile (both Irish & caller ID shown) calls worked fine for me recently.

AIUI, the restrictions on VOIP providers was for non EU caller ID rather than local / national and the form of restriction was a higher rate charged.

From Comreg...

The issue appears to be that Dellmont is considered as a call from abroad with a local number and would maybe need a local server in each country to be allowed through.

Or else Dellmont would need to be seen as a "trusted" source as they require any landline / mobile number to be verified before use as outgoing caller ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

It doesn't work with either the landline or mobile number set for caller id. I've tried calling from the voip phone & using their app. Won't work with caller id on, which is the main reason I use it. I Seems to have changed recently. I hadn't used it in a while.

Not sure if this will make any difference...

Are you using a STUN server?

Have ya tried it with CSipSimple on android (need to be sideloaded as it's not on playstore).

CSipSimple allows varying caller ID without changing it in the Dellmont portal which can be set to No Caller ID, as long as the caller ID used has already been verified.

Thanks, might give that a try on the android to see if it works. Unfortunately it's really the house phone that's the main issue. Not sure if that configuration could be set up on the Fritzbox. I'll research it.

• Advertisement

Thanks but that's no use. I had it set up for the house telephone number so using a foreign number wouldn't make sense as no one would answer it especially with all the scam calls going around.

Advertisement