Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need 1 exam to qualify - where to go?

Options
  • 25-09-2023 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Long story short I studied with CAI, I have CAP1 (2014), CAP2 (2015/2016) and FAE Core (2017). I failed the elective.

I went to re-sit the elective a few times but lets just say life got in the way. Honestly, things that were more important than exams.

It has not had any impact on the career I have wanted but I am thinking I should 'lock down' what I have done.

I don't think CAI will let me re-do the elective again, the 1 I did is gone anyway.

I have been in touch with CPA I will def have to do 2 possibly 4 and another 2 years training time.

Any other thoughts? I would love to have to do no more exams but that's not possible, I saw on ICAEW they have something called a CFAB. Do we have that here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭DUBLINIRL

Have you had a chat with CAI to see what your options are?

Have you contacted ACCA to see what exemptions they might be able to offer you?

Exams are only part of it - have you registered the required period of relevant work experience with CAI?

Boards wouldn't be the place to be looking for this sort of advice when the organisations have dedicated departments for this.

Advertisement