Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will be working in UK for 5 years- worth buying house there

Options
  • 23-09-2023 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

I will be working in the UK for the next five years. Just wondering if it's worth buying a property there rather than renting. I know buying property a road can com9licate tax and inheritance issues

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

it depends on the area that you will be living in and if you are moving family there.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hannaho

I will be living and working in Edinburgh. My family are grown up and will be staying in Ireland. I have an apartment I'm Ireland which I will keep for when or if I return

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I think the answer is yes, purely because 5 years could become longer if you like the place. Lots of people go for a few years and stay forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

You might be able to buy a fixer upper and make money on it. If you have cash to buy it is possible to do well with fixer uppers in the UK.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think you should buy so,nothing too crazy and maybe somewhere that needs some work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement