Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40 panels -3 5kw batteries-what can this power? ?

Options
  • 23-09-2023 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

This is being installed on shed roof 's here

Currently the ESB supply for the business is coming from its own single phase 15kw transformer

The roof's are SE facing and get sun/unshaded daylight this week until maybe 5 or 6 in the evening from early morning

That time frame shortening every day obviously

Bar it's snowing, what could I expect from those ball park in deepest darkest winter ?

Apologies for the nooby type questions

The business will be funding the installation taking advantage of accelerated capital depreciation ie writing off most of the cost in year one so a no brainer justifiability wise from that perspective

Plus I like the idea of being largely self sufficient or hugely reducing our electricity bill/carbon footprint

In the last year we spent about 7000 euros on power but that was on a good rate 39% discount from Bord Gais

We have a day and night meter with 30% at the lower night rate

Total power usage in july August was about 3200 units

In 5 winter months,it's closer to 5000 units

So let's guess 46000 units used in a year

Thoughts and your much more knowledgeable opinions than me welcome, thank you

If there's anything extra you need to know,I'll try to get it

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

40 panels, roughly 400w per panel now about 16kwp

Say your inverters? Are 2* 6kw?

Can you export at full power? (Assuming nc7)

I dare say you should be hitting 12-13MWh per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Use this solar estimate link from the FAQ https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvg_tools/en/#PVP

Put in your address, add the system size # panels x wattage of each. Put in your roof direction and pitch angle of roof. If you have two directions...ie east west you need to do this twice with say half the panel count and add up the result.

The graph will show you exactly what you will get each month.

Advertisement