If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8K HDR AVR Advice Sought

Options
  • 23-09-2023 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hi I currently have a Denon AVR X2300W which I bought from yourselves, it is set up with 5.2 at present with two subwoofers and the front speakers bi amped

I'm looking at upgrading to an 8K HDR AVR to handle HDMI 2.1 For 8K, 120FPS, VRR, ALLM, Atmos etc to use with PS5 and Xbox and streaming

I'd be looking for something similar, maybe with a bit more power and option to expand to extra speakers if possible such as adding two Atmos speakers down the road, I'd be using the same speakers which are Monitor Audio Bronze's

I've signed up for that VIP membership aswell in the store and have bought a good few bits before, hoping you'd have some advice and maybe a deal on a new system, Thanks

Post edited by Soap MacTavish on

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi

Thanks for the post.

The obvious upgrade would be to the Denon AVRX2800

This is compatible with 8k, on three of the hdmi inputs, has 4k/120 hz and can run a set of Dolby Atmos speakers

If you need more 8k inputs the Denon AVCX3800 has six

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Thanks, would there be much difference in the Sony TA AN1000 Vs the X3800 and would the X3800 be much of an upgrade on the X2800?

Also what is the Gold Reward Pack mentioned on the website with the X3800

Thanks Again

• Company Representative Posts: 17,162 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Soap.

The main difference between the Sony and the 3800 is that ALL the 3800 HDMI inputs and 3 of the two outputs can process 8K whereas the Sony only has 2 8K inputs and 2 8K outputs.

The 2800 has 3 8K inputs and is 7.2. Moving into the 3800 it jumps to 9.2 with the above 8K inputs/outputs.

I don't see the Gold Reward pack mentioned with the 3800 unfortunately and it may be an older promotion.

The current offers with the 3800 are:

OFFER 1

Get £150 OFF all cables with this product! Simply add this item and your chosen cable to your basket and use voucher code CABLE150 or mention when you call / visit. Offer available from our stores, telesales team, and online. Valid while stocks last. Not in conjunction with other offers. Excludes Clearance, Refurbished and Open Box products.

OFFER 2

You can get the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 pack reduced to £449.10.

OFFER 3

50% OFF SELECTED DENON HOME Multi-Room Smart Speaker When Bought With This Product.

If paying in Euro then the only offer is the  50% OFF SELECTED DENON HOME Multi-Room Smart Speaker When Bought With This Product.

You also get our VIP 6 year guarantee on the 3800.

The Sony and the 2800 come with the standard manufacturers warranty.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi thanks for the reply,

Just saw the gold reward pack in the pictures for the X3800 on the product page so thought it might be still on offer

What would be the best price on the X3800?

In regards to the 6 Year Warranty would that be included in the price of the X3800 or would that be an extra add on?

What kind of cost would be delivery to ROI?

Would you know roughly what size room the X3800 would be suitable for

Thanks Again

Hey Soap.

Sorry about that.

I think that picture may need removed as the Gold Reward has finished unfortunately.

At the moment the best price would be £999 / 1179€ delivered and it comes with the 6 year guarantee included free of charge.

There is also a deal for £150 worth of cables with the 3800.

Get £150 OFF all cables with this product! Simply add this item and your chosen cable to your basket and use voucher code CABLE150 or mention when you call / visit.

I'm not sure to be honest on the room size for the 3800 as it doesn't really states this anywhere. It is 180W per channel so it can fill a good size room.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply, I was just looking at your website and saw the Denon AVRX4800 aswell and was wondering is that much of a jump from the X3800? As there is a significant jump on the the prices between them

Also what would be your best price on the X4800 with delivery and 6 year warranty?

Also is there any promotions on that AVR?

Thanks

Hi Soap.

The 4800 is a step up up again. Both a rated at 100W per channel but you get extra inputs with the 4800 and it has the likes of a 3rd Zone.

The 4800 is priced at 1799€. The 6 year cover would be 179.90€

I could reduce this down to 1710€ which would make the 6 year 171.00€. Total would then be 1881€ delivered.

There is then the following deal also on the 4800.

EXCLUSIVE OFFER #1 20% OFF SELECTED DENON HOME Multi-Room Smart Speaker When Bought With This Product - While stocks last.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks Kenny,

For the 4800 would that also have the offer on the cables as an option?

Would both AVR's be in stock at the moment?

I'll have to look into the two models a bit more and get back to you there shortly

Thanks

Hi Soap.

It doesn't unfortunately.

Those deals are created by the main Richersounds in England as they are listed on the .com site.

I will of course off you a great deal on cables on whatever you require to try and make up for it if you went for the 4800.

Just drop me a post once you've checked them our more.

Hi, I'm leaning towards the 4800, I just saw on your website that the price has gone down slightly, just wondering if there is any better deal on the price above since

Also got an email there a few days ago about a VIP code VIP100 for £100 off orders over £1000, I dunno can that be used?

Also meant to ask about Black Friday if an item is purchased before then and goes down on Black Friday is there some price promise ye do and what date would that start from?

Also wanted to ask how adding an external amp to AVR works as it's mentioned in both amps to bring up to 11.2, what kind of prices are compatible external amps if adding one to the system down the road,

Sorry for all the questions, thanks again

Post edited by Soap MacTavish on

• Advertisement

Hi Soap.

The 4800 is now priced at £1499 / 1849€. So it seems it has actually went up in price in the last two weeks.

The VIP100 code on the latest VIP email can be used against the 4800 and would drop it to £1399 / 1749€ - This code is only valid up to the 18th October.

We usually do offer a Black Friday price promise but we are not close enough to the event for this to be in place. It's usually a few weeks before Black Friday that it comes into play.

To add in an extra amp for 11.2 you just require a stereo amp but ideally a power amp. You would run from the Pre Out on the Denon and into the AUX on the 2nd amp.

A popular one is the AudioLab 6000A as it has a power amp mode as well and being a great stereo amp.

Thanks Kenny,

Sorry was this one I meant seems to have dropped slightly, the black version from €1799 to €1779, I see the silver one has gone up in price alright to the €1849, what would your best price be including the 6 year guarantee on the black model below, with the VIP code added on, for it delivered, Thanks Again

Hey Soap.

Apologies, I was looking at the silver version :(

There isn't too much movement on the 4800's but I could go 1749€ with 174.90€ for the 6 year. Total would be 1923.90€ delivered.

Adding in the VIP100 drops it down to 1649€ + 164.90€ for the 6 year. Total would then be 1813.90€ delivered.

Hi, was just wondering if there would be any improvement on this earlier quote since the price has decreased slightly on the website since for the black colour and the VIP code being available at the moment also, not sure was the newer quote for the dearer silver model, thanks

Hi Soap.

I think you may have missed my post above on the 14th @ 12.34pm

The Black version is currently price at 1779€ and I had offered to drop it to 1749€ and then add on the VIP100 to drop it down to 1649€. The VIP code is due to end tomorrow and after that can not be applied to the product.

Adding in the 6 year cover would be an extra 164.90€ bring the overall total to 1813.90€ delivered.

This is the same as I had quoted above and it unfortunately the best deal at the moment.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.