Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Ryan site punches cross

Options
  • 22-09-2023 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi.i was stuck in traffic yesterday evening at punches cross and noticed the Dan Ryan derelict site across from punches bar.

Any idea why it's derelict so long as I remember it being a busy spot when the petrol station was open.

Is it closed 20 yes now?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The owners have applied for permission to build student accommodation three times. The first two times they were shot down at ABP.

They got it the last time, but anti development solicitor Michelle Hayes (Enviromental Trust Ireland) brought it to the High Court. They sent it back to the council and then ABP and they approved it again. Hayes has again taken a high court case.

She seems to object to any large scale residential development. Especially when it involves student accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Vanquished

This saga perfectly illustrates the dysfunctionality of the planning and judicial systems in this country. Michelle Hayes and her secretive Environmental Trust Ireland entity had their initial judicial review comprehensively dismantled last year. All of the supposed environmental grounds she argued upon were dismissed so I can't believe a follow up application for another judicial review is even being entertained.

An important bit of context here is that the President of Environmental Trust Ireland lives just down the street from Punch's Cross so read into that what you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭mart 23

Do you need to pay a cost upfront for a JR ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Last time I passed it there were kids in behind the wall throwing stones over the wall onto passing vehicles and people so watch yourself in that area... I presume the developers who put the hoarding in are liable for any damage done in this instance?

You have to pay for your solicitor and if you lose you may have to pay for the other parties costs but I don't think the courts themselves charge you anything

Advertisement