Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nioxin hair products for full/thick hair, anyone use them?

Options
  • 22-09-2023 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Was looking at some of the serums.

They're kind of expensive, wonder has anyone used them with success?

The 3 part shampoo/conditioner/scalp-treatment system seems popular?

Experiences?

In physics we trust....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I have used it on and off for a couple of years. Currently using Nioxin 6 (shampoo, conditioner and scalp mousse). It helps my scalp issues but I don't love how it makes my hair feel. My hairdresser recommended using a different product for my hair but continue using Nioxin for my scalp. It just isn't affordable to do that! I would recommend giving it a try though,you won't know how your hair responds unless you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

What did your hairdresser recommend for hair?

There's another brand called....... "Redken"?

They came somewhat recommended.

They have a serum containing "stemoxydine" which is supposedly some kind of growth enhancer?

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

I discontinued using the shampoo/condition/scalp system a couple months ago.

It was keeping my hair real thick and full.

Last week I noticed it had gone really thin, after it started shedding at fast rate.

So I restarted the Nioxin system as above.

The shedding has stopped - but I'm concerned it will stay thin now, and won't return to its original thickness.

I understand this could happen to women after pregnancy, where their hair goes real thin. It's called "post partum alopecia"?

Is it possible the hair will return to it's original state now that I've re-started the Nioxin??

Anyone have experience with something similar?

In physics we trust....

Advertisement