Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Private Van from Northern Ireland

Options
  • 22-09-2023 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, Im looking for a definitive answer on buying a van from Northern Ireland (obviously a NI registered one before Brexit)

Question is I’m a private buyer (No VAT number) can I buy this pay the €200 VRT + Nox like I would if buying a car or will the NCT centre look for a VAT number? I’ll be taxing and insuring it as a private vehicle which I have done previously with a van no problem, it’s just I’ve never bought one from the north before, I have bought cars over the years but never a commercial, any definitive info gladly appreciated…! 👍

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭User1998

€200 VRT. No Nox on commercials

Advertisement