Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Greenhub

Options
  • 22-09-2023 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has any experience using the An Post Greenhub? From the outside it seems like a great service. I got a letter from Calor saying my easypay plan is going up near 40%! After some quick maths I think I would be better off getting rid of the gas and replacing with a heatpump Looks like the loan repayments and increase in electricity bill would work out cheaper. No option to switch to main gas as there are no lines near where I live.

As I said if anyone has any experience with them and would like to share that would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Are you looking at the installation service or the loan service, or both?

I haven't experience with them, but the usual advice applies; get several quotes for a heat pump and make sure they do a heat loss calculation as part of the survey

And look around for different loans, most banks are now offering green loans and may have better rates, although An Post are generally pretty good

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 5 coldfire84

Yeah both, so having a one stop shop approach seems like a good option.

Thanks for the advice on the heat loss calc!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

heat loss calc is mandatory for the SEAI grant if they're aligned with the SEAI which I assume they are 🤔

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 5 coldfire84

Yeah I think so, they are calling it a HLI but I presume that's the same thing?

• If you are interested in receiving a quote for a heat pump, a Home Energy Assessment is required. The assessment costs €1,125 before grant (€350 grant will be applied for you by SSE Airtricity which allows you to pay only net of the cost €775) and includes a BER (Building Energy Rating) and HLI (Heat Loss Indicator). Completing this assessment allows you to claim the €6,500 grant towards the heat pump installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

i havent gone through the process but it seems a lot to pay for an assessment? i know BER assessment should be obtainable for about 300 euro.. i had one done for Solar last year and it included a HLI result as well.. maybe its not detailed enough for a heatpump..

• Advertisement
Advertisement