Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roku 4k 3820EU model €46.50 inc delivery

Options
  • 22-09-2023 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭

its a small saving but i got the above model delivered from amazon.de for €46.50.

It is £51.24 on amazon uk, and €49.99 & 6.99 delivery form currys, who dont allow collection. Harvey norman - €59.90.

If your looking for a streaming stick - you could do worse.

https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/roku-streaming-stick-4k

Post edited by Xterminator on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

What does this do that a Chromecast doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

some people like pepsi and some like coke.

Chromecast is a different beast. It is better at casting but with a roku you can cast/mirror your screen. Chromecast is better integrated with goggle home. and if your already in the google ecosystem - it will be the better choice.

Roku has a better layout, uncluttered menu, lots of free live TV, which Chromecast doesnt in Ireland. Roku has a dedicated headphone port on the remote & Dolby Vision HDR support.

Check that out for a comparison.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-entertainment/best-streaming-device/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Does it come with a 3 pin plug or European one?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭racersedge

Not to mention that with recent Android updates, it seems that Google have made it very hard/nigh impossible to find the install from unknown sources option which was very useful when you needed to download apk’s onto that couldn’t be found in the Google Play store (found that out the hard way trying to sort out the brothers Chromecast last night 😩)

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭mrtom

All reviews refer to available content in the US. What's available here without VPN ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Anyone know how to get iplayer on google tv? Used to be easy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

okay it arrived Wednesdays and ive had a couple of days to get used to it.

Pros: good remote - nice size & responsive. 4K picture looks great on my TV, sounds fine too. Roku remote works with my TV without any problem. Came with both 2pin and 3pin plug. Stick feels solid, hasn't overheated. Netflix, Now TV, Prime, RTE player Virgin player all tested.

Cons: Very restricted curated apps list. No stremio, no kodi, Roku tv channels dont work in Ireland.

Screen casting has not worked as advertised. Streaming from ipad/airplay, got me audio no video. Screen sharing from laptop got me a choppy poor picture. Attempted to play a video from VLC natively it didnt see the roku streaming device. In short it might as well not have screen sharing.

Summary: i feel very shortchanged when comparing to Chromecast. Cannot recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭ooter

Advertisement