Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2017 FORD FOCUS 1.0 ECOBOOST - A RISKY BUY ?

Options
  • 22-09-2023 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭

Friend interested in a low mileage one of these , I see online these engines gave alot of trouble . Ford clam they sorted problems in 2014 and stopped making them in 2017 but online it says cars after 2014 have had problems .

any one familiar with them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭GavPJ

The nickname for that engine is the Eco Boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭goochy

yes but its 2017 Ford claimed to have sorted problems by 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

brother has a 2018 one since new with zero issues

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭goochy

newer model

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭mk7r

They are fine if they get the correct oil, wrong oil will melt the wet belts and that's when people have issues, it's a specific spec of oil used

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭cml387

Idly surfing Youtube one evening I watched an American guy strip down one of these, where he found most of the wet-belt teeth lodged in the oil filter assembly so that makes sense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tech_Head

I have a 2016 Ecoboost Fiesta that’s been mapped and running fine. Mines been serviced yearly though outside of a miss during lockdown.

Advertisement