Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter Reading Differences

Options
  • 22-09-2023 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I have a query about differences between meter readings.

On my ESB networks account i can download a consumption report (hdf file) which shows consumption for a day in half hour intervals ( Active Import Kw).

When i cross check this agaisnt the meter reading csv file from my supplier account ( Electric ireland) - the daily totals are way different.

The figures on the esbn report are almost double each day.

Has anybody seen this? - am i comparing like for like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've come across this too when comparing the energy usage from the ESB and the data from my Efergy energy monitor.

Each entry in the HDF file is the kW used over a 30 minute period, NOT kWh, so if you're totalling them up you need to divide each entry by 2 to give you the kWh usage over that period.

Another thing to watch out for is that the time stamp for each entry doesn't correspond to the usage for the 30 minutes after the time stamp, but the 30 minutes before. I.e. "05:00 2.5" refers to the usage from 04:30 to 05:00, not 05:00 to 05:30 as it is fr my energy monitor, and I assume also the EI data. This, plus maybe some rounding errors, probably explains the smaller discrepancy.

Advertisement