Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remember the old catleap monitors, are they any good to anyone anymore?

Options
  • 22-09-2023 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Back in the day on here there was a big thread about these cheap IPS panels from Korea, the main one being a catleap q270.

I have one of them here that is now surplus to requirements and I'm not sure if it's useful to anyone or if it's a recycling centre job?

It's a 27" 1440p monitor, still in good working order but it's major draw back is it only supports dual link DVI which is not a common thing now as far as I know.

There are adaptors for converting display link to dual link DVI, but they are quite expensive.

Any opinions? Seems a shame to scrap a nice monitor but it does have limitations to how useful it is

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Buttros

Moved house over the summer and left mine at the recycling centre. Can't use it with laptops and have a 34 inch ultrawide for the home pc. Looked at an adaptor for use with my work laptop (to use alongside the other monitor) and it was expensive with mixed reviews. The monitor owed me nothing. Served me well for I guess over 10 years.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I had 2 of them, one is still in the family used by the SO, the other went to a friend, they're still working with USB C laptops if you get these. Impressed with how they've held up over 11 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,782 ✭✭✭SeanW

Don't send a working monitor to recycling if it can be avoided. A lot of legacy systems out there that use DVI I'm sure. Offer it to a charity shop or put it up on adverts or ebay.

Advertisement