Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major collision on Leitrim Road

Options
  • 21-09-2023 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭

2 cars from what I can gather had collided around 6pm this evening ,1 person has died and another or two injured I can't enter my estate by foot I have to go in by car and I don't drive ,this is just awful tragic my thoughts are with the families , there's more and more deaths on Irish roads it's awful and also a major reason why I don't want to drive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Dazler97

A woman in her 50s has died following a two-car collision in Co Leitrim yesterday evening.

The incident took place on the R280 at Lisnabrack, Carrick-on-Shannon shortly before 6pm.

The woman, who was a passenger in one of the cars, was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later.

The drivers of both cars were taken to Sligo University Hospital for treatment and assessment.

Their injures are not life threatening.

A technical examination of the scene will be carried out today by garda forensic collision investigators and the road at the crash site remains closed with local traffic diversions are in place.

Gardaí are appealing to anyone who may have witnessed this collision to contact them.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Carrick-on-Shannon Garda station on 071 965 0510, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111 or any garda station.

Advertisement