Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site for annual camp

Options
  • 21-09-2023 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm looking for some suggestions for a camp site for our annual camp for our Scout troop.

We're looking for a field that can accommodate 70 campers but has real plumbed in toilets and possibly even showers (oh the luxury).

Ideally it would be owned by a Scout troop and we would be able to rent/borrow their pioneering wood for the duration of the camp.

And ideally it wouldn't be too far from an adventure centre.

And for bonus points, ideally it would have a hostel option so that our Beaver troops could join us for 1 or 2 nights.

Over the past few years we've been to Kingscourt, Castlesauderson, Lough Dan and Larch Hill, so we're looking for somewhere different.

All ideas welcome.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Petersburg Adventure Centre in Mayo would tick all those boxes.

Caving and Gorge walking are both excellent activities

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Where are you based OP? Generally I don't like taking our Beavers too far away from home in case one needs collection. I wouldn't rule camping out for Beavers though.

Beckettsfield is not a bad spot and has everything you list although personally I would rather Larch Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ninjapenguin

We're in North Dublin. Tend to agree about not taking Beavers too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Lough Keel is where we went last year. Ticks all the boxes bar the pioneering spars and a hostel for beavers (we had our beavers camp for two nights with us, they had a ball).

Advertisement