Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Battery for Mazda 3 Skyactive 141.

Options
  • 21-09-2023 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Just wondering on where to get a battery at a fairly good cost. I've had this battery in my Mazda 3

since I bought the car new, so its nearly 10 years old.

Anyway I need a new one and just there I was quoted 275 euro...

Nearly died. Its a stop start lead acid 80Ahr . I was expecting to pay about 150-180....

Are they that expensive??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Local motor factors or Halfords. Batteries have gotten more complex these days and as a result more expensive as they have to deal with stop/start along more electronics ruinning off them.

Judging by micksgarage.ie the price you got seems to be on par but a local bricks and mortar shop might be a bit cheaper like for like. But the flip side is that cheaper batteries tend to have shorter warranties and may not last as long.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭shane b

Any car that has start-stop fitted, the batteries are much more exspensive. Standard batteries arent designed to cope with the charging/discharging cycles that comes with the stopping and starting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

I paid 161 in halfords few weeks ago for a standard battery for an avensis so you are paying more for the heavier duty.

Advertisement