Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower Decks 4x04- Something Borrowed, Something Green ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

Options
  • 21-09-2023 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Lower Decks 4x04- Something Borrowed, Something Green ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** } Warning: This thread will contain spoilers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Best episode yet. Absolutely brilliant. I loved it all.

I woukd not be surprised if the mystery ship is not solved till the last episode of the season or even the next season sometime. I honestly thought I was going to be this episode but then it went off on a whole different path from the beginning but it was really good and funny with some cool easter eggs too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭corkie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Some quite funny parts in there, and I enjoyed getting some of Tendis backstory, but I think maybe they could have left out the Boimler and Rutherford stuff and spent the episode on Orion. I enjoyed it, but felt like they were trying to cram an awful lot in there.

Was that the same ship class as the Raven in the junkyard?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Lighthearted fun, and continuing the tight character focus that they've had this season. But it's also still small in scope, which makes the larger arc opening frustrating and repetitive at this point. T'lynn was better used this time, acting a good straight man/foil.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I liked it a lot. This was Lower Decks doing what Lower Decks does best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That was fun. Didn't feel very ground breaking or anything. Definitely laughed at the gags here and there.

Thought they might go more into the longer story arc with the ship at the start attacking Orions but looks like they left it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭eadrom

That was fine. Not great. I’m really not a fan of the Orions tbh.

Biggest chuckle was the two Mark Twains, if only because I’m now looking forward to hearing what the Greatest Generation / Greatest Trek guys make of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭corkie

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Was that the same ship class as the Raven in the junkyard?

Yes it was indeed.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Evade

If not all Orion women have the pheromones wouldn't the ones that do be in charge as a kind of aristocracy? It's an obvious competitive advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I enjoyed this one actually. Was a nice change of pace from the previous episodes which were mainly just Easter egg dropping without much substance.

I'm starting to wonder if the mystery ship is actually killing people off or de-materializing them for a later purpose. Reason being that they seem to be introducing lower decker characters (including the Klingon lower deckers from season 2) only to "kill" them off immediately afterwards. I'm guessing it might be building towards a finale where the lower deckers we've been briefly introduced to are the ones who save the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

No, sorry there's debris left after the attacks. They dead.

Or is that what they want you to think?

*adjusts duranium foil hat*

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Like they can still destroy the ships while beaming the crew out. We've seen weirder things on Trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭JayRoc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I enjoyed it and loved how they fleshed out the Orion culture and Homeworld. Real sense of deepening the Lore.

Really starting to like T'lyn. Fantastic addition to the show.

Showing the Raven class ship was cool.

Laughed out loud at the plagiarising pirate bit lol.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I enjoyed that a lot (Especially the running gag with the daggers). Just a bit of old-school LD fun. Lighter on the Easter Eggs (Which was good. While they do them very well but it's good to have a wee break from them). The Twin-Twains were very funny

I love how all the pre-credit sequences are practically identical. Obviously the mysterious ship destroys them but all the back-stabbing/scheming. Would be funny to see a snarky Vulcan-style-backstabbing.

I picture a Vulcan backstabbing as an improper citation/attribution in a scientific paper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Rawr

I was thinking the same with T'Lyn. She's a pretty decent "Friendly Vulcan" kind of character. Seems to fit in with the Lower Deck group pretty well. (I guess because she's from the Vulcan version of a Lower Decks)

I love how they keep finding ways to create different versions of Lower Decks on each Trek race that get destroyed by the probe in the cold openers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

At first I was a bit unsure about where the on ship story was going but the Twain stuff really had me smiling.

Also I thought Mariner was surprisingly restrained on what was essentially a sex planet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Really enjoyed that episode: the need for everyone to get a bit meant Boimler & Rutherford's B story was more superfluous than usual, but the A material was just that. Lots of really good gags, and the Orion stuff didn't feel too over-egged; not entirely sure an entire race dedicated to skullduggery tracks - but then this is Star Trek with its Planet of Hats trope, so why not own it? The running joke of the dagger stabbing Mariner was a particularly funny bit.

Advertisement