Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LVP - Luxury Vinyl Planks

Options
  • 20-09-2023 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all. Wondering if anyone has recommendations or thoughts on LVP. Saw it online this week for the first time and looks up my street.

Currently rewiring house we are finalizing purchase on (we already live there) so the carpets got taken up in two rooms so figured will redo the floors.

knocked around a few local shops yesterday and didn’t feel I got great information. One shop had one brand that required an underlay (whole point of LVP is underlay is on the planks) and it was 80euro a box that cover 2m2.

another shop had LVP more like I had seen online but quoted me 1000 euro to supply and fit a small office/box room !?!!

Idea was I would buy the stuff and install myself. Looks easy. But doesn’t seem easy to find the stuff or for a reasonable price.

that first shop it was double the price of laminate floors. Whole point of LVP is it’s a cheaper alternative. Abroad anyway

anyone been able to actually source the stuff in Ireland for a reasonable price and installed themselves? Or even happy to speak to someone to install but I’m not paying someone a grand to click in some planks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I put some down in my kitchen/dining room. Had, underlay attached.

It's not cheap but feels warm under foot.

Floor needs to be level

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Thanks. Yeah so did a good bit of shopping around and turns out its more expensive here than all other types of floor. Its the opposite in the US. So will probably just go with laminate wooden floor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭NSAman

Can concur, did our basement 2 years ago as I wanted something durable, easy clean (dogs), scratch resistant and waterproof. 1500 sq ft, cost $8000 fitted. It’s warm underfoot, we put down an underlay (despite not being needed also). Basement is much cleaner (air wise) and every other wise than the carpet it replaced. Plus cleaning is a breeze.

Cost here is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Expensive but deals are available. Mine had an underlay built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭whizkid9

any good brands for LVPs that anyone recommend? I saw a few at B&Q. all of them had bad reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭tenbob1

Vast majority of click LVT are rubbish, and tbh shouldnt even be on the market.

Coretec / Encore rigid loc / Quickstep for click versions.

Amtico / Karndean / Expona / Luvanto for the dry back versions (stick down)

Advertisement