Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where is this oil leak most likely coming from? See video attached

Options
  • 20-09-2023 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Car is a 2019 Passat Estate SE Business 2.0 TDI 150 DSG 7 speed - 169000 miles. Always well serviced, has leaked over a quarter of its oil since VW service last June.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Oil leaks can be nighmare to find. Where the oil is covering often has little relation to where it came from. I'm not familiar with the engine, but the main culprits are usually the rocker/valvle cover seal - is there oil around this at the top of the engine? Other common areas are the cam seals and the main seal where the drive shaft exits the engine. Best to get a mechanic to look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 idiot4

Thanks for that Tropheus. Doesn't appear to be oil at the top of the engine, I shall have a better look tomorrow, I think its ann oil feed pipe or a camshaft seal. This is a pain in the backside😭

Hopefully it isn't too pricey😭

Advertisement