Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[RESOLVED] Warning appeal

Options
  • 20-09-2023 8:19pm
    Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭

I wish to appeal a warning I received earlier this week for fighting back against a poster accusing me of wanting to see children being preyed upon by sexual abusers.

It was in the Danny Masterson thread and said poster was justifying the idea that it’s ok to talk about waiting for 15 year old girls to turn 18. The above outrageous claim was then made against me on Saturday night.

I reported and reported for nearly 48 hours and no mod action was taken. A disgusting post accusing me of horrific idea like that was there for the entire forum to see for nearly 48 hours no matter how often I reported it.

I demanded the poster withdraw what was said, and they refused.

I eventually got the post deleted after contacting awec (as none of the CA mods were anywhere to be seen) but when they eventually came back, one of them decided to slap me with a warning.

I want it made perfectly clear that I tried reporting the post, multiple times, and it didn’t work. It was allowed to stay up for far too long and people in my circle of friends outside of boards saw it, and knew it was aimed at me.

Why I received a warning days later considering the slow, unacceptable actions of the moderation team is beyond a joke.

I reached out to the mod after the warning on Monday but I am yet to receive a response.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Pinging @ancapailldorcha as the CMod.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi Faugheen,

I can look into this for you. Step one is to try to resolve this with the mod, which you've attempted to do. Could you try sending another message in case it got missed?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Closing this as the user has been site banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement