Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to use a different App developer than the creator - How to go about it?

Options
  • 20-09-2023 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Long story short I had an app developed for my business and used a developer from Freelancer. The relationship has now run its course, not acrimoniously, as it was started 3 years ago and he has now moved onto better paid work by the looks of things.

There are changes I would like to make to it now but the developer seems reluctant to transfer any data on the app to me, despite not being overly keen on additional paid work either. He quoted me $300 to transfer the files onto my hosting account which sounds excessive.

The app is already on Apple and Play Stores. Is there a way to make updates myself? For example on my websites I just need the wordpress login. Is there something similar for Mobile apps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

you could either recode the app yourself or pay someone else to redo it for you. if you ask me the $300 for the original files sounds like a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

What were the original terms of engagement for them developing the App for you? Did it specify who owns the source code for the App?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭thomas 123

No there is not something similar to Wordpress for your app.

Id ask him what the $300 includes and come back to us here.

likely not excessive but you may not have the technical ability to do anything with what he sends or gives you access to.

Advertisement