Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Day 2 trad band

Options
  • 20-09-2023 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, looking for any help and suggestions on here. We've got our wedding booked at Markree Castle next year. We've pretty much got most things on the actual day booked and organised but are planning a 2 day thing and have the castle booked for the day after. We're looking for ideas on what people normally do? We were thinking of a bbq in the afternoon and then having a trad band session in the evening.

Does anyone have any recommendations of good trad bands either local to Sligo or more generally? We want them to be good and lively with a mix of vocals and instruments.

Any other ideas for day 2 gratefully received!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Ask at the local session?

We had a trad band on day 2 and a session and an indoor bbq due to the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 7 answ78

Thanks Moonbeam. Can I ask how you structured it in terms of timings? Did you have music for the bbq and then another band for the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Hi answ78. We did a day two but I wouldn't recommend it. A lot of people who stayed weren't really bothered with drinking for a second or third day and just wanted to relax.

I wouldn't bother with the band and putting pressure on people to stay.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No, we hung out with people during the day, had the food and after that we had the music.

My hubby plays alot of music so people brought instruments and we had the band there to get it all going. It was good fun.

It was way better than the wedding day, except that I had a just 4 year old,a just 2 year old and a baby a few weeks old and on the 2nd day I got left up in the room for ages because it never dawned on hubby to send anyone up to let me go!! I nearly missed the food

Advertisement