Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bubbling paint on door after our recent "Summer"

Options
  • 19-09-2023 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I painted my timber front door during the summer, and while I had a few nice days to strip, sand, fill, prime and undercoat, when it came to the final coat it started to rain even though the weather forecast was good. Without knowing what was best to do, I powered through, and it seemed to turn out well anyway... until now.

After our recent late summer, the paint has bubbled in four or five places. I think the rain on that day is to blame.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I was thinking of sanding the bubbles back and applying another coat of paint over those spots, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to go. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

Do as you suggest but give the area under the bubbles sufficient time to dry out before repainting. It was probably trapped moisture.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭portach king

Thanks for the tip!

Advertisement