Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart fence with timber fence

Options
  • 19-09-2023 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

I live in an estate with a typical style boundary at the back that has concrete pillars with the lollipop style paling on both my own and the neighbours side. I'm looking at removing the paling on my side to preferably upgrade to a non-maintenance style fence. Does anyone know if the likes of smart fence could be fitted to one side of such a fence without impacting the neighbours side?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭AmpMan

Why would anyone want an app for a fence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭DC999

I'm curious to what a 'smart fence' is. OP, any link or pics to what you mean?

• Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Smartfence is a brand, it's just a plastic-coated steel fence. It slides into the concrete pillars that you see used in garden fences.

The answer to the OPs question though is no, you can't have one of those fences where one side is metal and the other timber.

It's worth checking though who actually owns the fence, it's likely wholly owned by either you or your neighbour.

Advertisement