Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 bed ground floor apartment with external doors in both bedrooms??

Options
  • 18-09-2023 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I'm in the process of buying a 2 bed apt but haven't signed contracts yet. Buying off plans too which can be tricky when there's no show house to view. On the brochure the EA sent originally, there were 3 external doors, 1 being in one of the bedrooms which led to a private patio. I thought this was a bit strange so decided I would have that bedroom - I'm a single Mum to an almost 4 year old so security is obviously a big concern for me.

When they sent the contracts the layout had changed somewhat to include an external door in the 2nd bedroom as well. Fair enough, things can change with plans...but this seems a bit excessive to have 2 externals doors from the bedrooms PLUS the 2 separate side doors that access the main kitchen/living room?

The other thing that I find a bit odd is the fact that both bedrooms lead out to private patio areas, but it looks like only one of these will be fitted with a side gate - and even with that, the EA said that the builder wasn't going to originally fit it, the owners would have to do it themselves. But seemingly they have 'convinced' the builder to do it as it's unreasonable to have that open space leading out on to the path. The second bedroom, the one which didn't have the external door on the original plans, also has the little patio outside which then leads out on to the public path.

It's hard to explain so I've included a screenshot of the plans and numbered where the doors are. The red arrow outlines where the public footpath is and where the bedroom door is. Maybe I'm missing something. Personally, I find the EA to be a bit useless as they don't seem to know what the situation is. I would like to try and talk to the builder directly and might pop down to the site this week. I just find this a bit odd, it doesn't make sense to me at all to have ground floor bedrooms so easily accessible to the public? So I just keep these locked all the time? Is this normal to anyone else??

Comments

Advertisement