Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[RESOLVED] 2 points warning for posting in Channel 4 dispatches thread.

Options
  • 18-09-2023 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Hello late on Saturday night I was given a 2 point warning for calling Russell Brand a rapist in this thread. This is based on the fact that The Times (of London) and Channel 4 have presented unbelievably credible claims that Russell Brand has raped women, in their newspaper and television programmes respectively.

<Snip>

Despite that, I am the one who received the 2 point warning from Beasty. I will post our lengthy back and forth below but it is a fact that he absolutely refused to acknowledge my legitimate sources after I sent them to him upon his request. Let the record show that as the night went on his messages became more and more riddled with typos (in bold by me), in a manner reminiscent of intoxication. This isn't fair, and my points should be lifted.

Beasty You've been warned.

Moderator Beasty

Points 2

Dispatches channel 4 expose

• Chromium
    • Sep 16, 2023
    • Reams and reams of tweets stating as fact that it's Brand. I don't like him one bit, but if it's not him I hope he sues. What the fuk is wrong with people that they'll just state something as fact because they feel like it.

• <Snip>

View Post

• If you show me your proof I will reverse this.
    • if you cannot and you repeat such allegations you can expect action at site level

• CGI_Livia_Soprano September 16
    • Here’s where I read it. I have a sub to the Times so I don’t know how other people have got around the paywall but it’s there.

Russell Brand accused of rape, sexual assaults and abuse

• Beasty September 16
    • Where does it state he is a rapist?

• Nadia says Brand took her to a wall and kissed her and made a comment, something along the lines of: “I’ll keep you safe.” He then told her that “a friend” was already in the bedroom and that he wanted her to join them, according to Nadia.
    • “I’m like, no, that’s not happening, I don’t care, that’s not happening, we’re not doing that,” she says. “I tried to get away from him and I slipped away from the wall. And then I went to another wall that had a painting on it. A huge painting. And my bag got actually stuck underneath that, and it’s still on my arm. And at this point he’s grabbing at my underwear, pulling it to the side.”
    • Nadia alleges that she told Brand to get off her and that she wanted to leave, but he carried on. “I’m stuck underneath the painting and he’s pushing up against me,” she says. “He’s a lot taller than me. And he has that glazed look in his eye again. And I can’t move. And I told him, ‘Get off, get off.’” Nadia claims that Brand pushed her up against the wall and raped her, without a condom.
    • Brand finally finished and she says she pushed him away.
    • “And then he blocks the door that I’ve come into because he doesn’t want me going,” Nadia says. “He’s like, ‘Are you OK?’ I’m like, ‘No I’m not OK, you need to get away from me.’ And he’s like, ‘Let’s calm down.’”
    • Nadia says that Brand eventually stepped away from the door he had been blocking after Nadia told him she wanted to use the bathroom.
    • “I ran out and I jumped in my car — thank God I didn’t park in his driveway — and booked it out of there,” she says. “That was it. I sat on the road a little bit longer. I was in a daze.”
    • At 3.29am, Brand sent Nadia a text message. He wrote: “I’m sorry. That was crazy and selfish. I hope you can forgive me, I know that you’re a lovely person. X.”
    • She wrote that he had taken advantage of her and “scared the **** out of me”. She wrote in her text to Brand: “Do you know how scary [you are] when that glaze look comes over. When a girl say[s] NO it means no. Do I have to go and get myself tested?”
    • Brand replied that he was “very sorry” and wrote: “You don’t need to get tested. I will make this up to you somehow with live [sic] and kindness. Not my original idea which was more sex. You’ve been lovely to me and I’m embarrassed by my behaviour. Sorry. X.”
    • The US phone number that Brand used to send the messages has been verified by multiple sources.

• (Here I posted the text exchange between Brand and a victim)

• Beasty September 16
    • Never make such allegations on this site
    • Do you understand?

• They’re proven allegations. <Snip>

• Beasty September 16
    • You have provided nothing of the sort. There is no admission and there is no court conviction. There is just speculation which tyoiy seem to thrive on
    • Never
    • Do you understand??
    • And Savile is dead. You cannot defame the dead

• “Speculation?” No admission?
    • Did you read the article? He said “I’m very sorry” in a reply to a woman who accused him of rape in a private text conversation. The Times (a paper of record in the UK) confirmed that it was from his phone number. He was caught dead to rights. The evidence is overwhelming.

• Beasty September 16
    • It is an unproven allegation
    • Do not malke such claims again
    • Di you understand?

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've removed the huge avatar images and separated the posts a little to maintain readability.

• Administrators Posts: 13,772 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I've looked at this. I've also snipped your post above where you again make claims of something that, for now, are allegations, despite receiving a warning and being asked not to do so.

At the moment anything being discussed in the media is allegation. Nothing has been proven. Warning stands. Do not make such claims anywhere on this site again.

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement