Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plex Pass : 20% off

Options
  • 18-09-2023 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭

For those of you that use Plex, there's a 20% offer on upgrading to Plex Pass. €95 for a lifetime pass, down from €120.

CODE: ITSPROTIME

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Plex has always perplexed me ! Do i need it if i have access to all movies/shows etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Junior

No not at all .. I've been messing around with it the last while and am going to put all my old Mp3s into PlexAmp .. There's a bit of an explainer here. Plus as well since I've gotten so much use out of it, I think giving the devs a few bob isn't that much.

https://support.plex.tv/articles/202526943-plex-free-vs-paid/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I agree. I've used it for years. It's a super media management app.

I really got the pass because I was getting so much use out of it and felt the quality of the product deserved a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Plex and Plexamp are great. However, the company seems like it’s in trouble. There isn’t that much revenue in selling media server software (even under a subscription model) I’m the era of streaming services. So they’re trying to become a streaming service themselves and alienating a lot of their user base.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

It's a shame they got rid of the cloud service thing

So many people now have cloud storage and also won't want a PC going 24/7 for a few hours of TV/film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

It’s worse than that. Just this week they sent emails to all those who use Hetzner (large German cloud and server provider) that they would be blocking them from using the service. Not because the people getting the emails were accused or suspected of violating Plex TOS but because Hetzner apparently has a lot of that sort of thing going on. It’s collective guilt without judge or jury. They are giving off vibes of only wanting those using the software for their own media to only serve it from their homes.

I have my server with Hetzner and they’re now forcing me to choose between Plex and my hosting provider. So I’ll be switching to Emby or Jellyfin and asking for my lifetime Plex Pass to be refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Right lads.

I've always flirted with the idea of getting the pass as I use Plex to watch stuff through my Shield.

What would the Pass give me over the free setup?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Advertisement