Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sofas

Options
  • 18-09-2023 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hi.

We bought a house 8 years ago that was left fully furnished as the previous owners were moving abroad.

The sofas in the sitting room badly need to be replaced now (2 and 4 seater) and I’m just wondering what people’s thoughts are on the best route to go down in terms of quality and price.

Am only really starting to look around now in the usual suspects DFS. EZ Living, Meubles (all in Galway) but struggling to find the right sofas (we probably would be looking at getting a 2 seater, 4 seater with chaise and an armchair (all fabric rather than leather).

I’ve heard good reports about Navan having a good range of furniture shops.

I’m just wondering if anybody has any experiences of getting custom builds from say Fitzpatricks or Sofa So Good in Navan? How much more expensive (ballpark) would going down this route be vs buying from the likes of a DFS or EZ Living would you say?

I imagine for what I’ve described above I’d be looking at minimum €4k from DFS, EZ Living etc.

Just wondering if we went down the custom build route (to suit the size of our sitting room) would it be a lot more expensive.

Thanks in advance for any first hand experiences/advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭embracingLife

Hello did you decide what to get?

I don't have any information about Navan shops but a friend got couches from Finline Furniture who have a factory in Portlaoise and a showroom in Dublin. Very nice stuff aswell as website. A suggestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 miafricker

Ikea has pretty good sofas from my experience. I am not a huge fan of their shelves or cupboards, but all the sofas i had from them were pretty good quality. The mist important for me are washable covers, cause with the toddler at home everything gets dirty very quickly. The other option would be mainstays. I had couple of sofas from them in the past, no complaints.

Post edited by miafricker on

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rowantree18

I went to the 1933 furniture company in Navan - and I'm nowhere near them - as they've a really excellent selection. I was looking for a large couch with an extra long, extra wide chaise. These types generally tend to be available in Scandinavia as people are taller. I got what I wanted - just the chaise part is 235cm long and 135cm wide so perfect for a tall person to completely stretch out and even nearly wide enough for 2. The shop has a wide selection and Paula in particular is intuitive at guessing your style and helping you.

Prices are wide in range too. And you can haggle a wee bit.

Advertisement