Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Bed & 3 Bath v/s 3 Bed & 2 Bath

Options
  • 17-09-2023 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I am in a situation where I am bidding on two houses:

3 Bed, 3 Bath (main bath, ensuite, powder toilet)

3 Bed, 2 Bath (main bath, ensuite)

In order to compare apples to apples, how much price advantage shall I give to the house having powder toilet? 5K, 10K, ... ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Unless the houses are identical apart from the extra toilet, you're not really comparing apples to apples, so I'd be looking at the whole package and concentrating on which best meets your needs overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Repo101

At current costs I would say around €4k to retrofit a downstairs powder toilet assuming decent access to drainage. The value it would add is typically judged at 1-3% assuming a mid-range value.

These are all rough estimates, a friend retrofitted one last year and it was quoted at €2k but ended up being €3.5k. Materials and labour have gone up since then hence the €4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I would be looking at a lot more before a half bathroom became the deciding item. All all other rooms identical in both houses with regard to size and light? Are garden size and aspect the same? Are they in the same estate?

I wouldn't put more than €1500 on the powder room if that's all that's different.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Info_Seeker

Thanks. this is the exact answer I was looking for...

Advertisement